Published on July 16, 2016
Last Modified on July 16, 2016
Joel C. Goldstick
302 E 83rd St Apt C New York, NY 10028
- Senior Software Developer.
- Team leader/mentor, Independent contributor, and group member.
- Ability and experience with all aspects of technical project completion – definition, analysis, design, implementation, scheduling, team coordination and project leadership.
- Keenly interested in listening to and analyzing customer needs to produce highly productive solutions using custom software or integrating off-the-shelf software as appropriate.
- Exceptional understanding of User Experience issues, teaching applications to new users, and rich experience with direct customer contact
Programming Languages & Technologies
- Content management Software: Django, previously with Drupal, Geeklog, SugarCRM
- Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat) expertise, some Mac OS experience, previously Windows
- git version control experience, github, AWS deployment
- Google Analytics and Web server log analysis, SEO
- PayPal site integration including IPN
- Knowledge of database design and normalization, mySQL, sqlite, postgres
- Webmaster skills on Apache, AWS, Digital Ocean
more about me at:
Travel Group Jun 2008 -- New York, NY
Lead Software Developer
Responsible for maintenance, and new code for Django based Extranet, Salesforce-Drupal integration, Custom xml feeds for all Hotel, Cruise offers. Offer entry system for hotels, cruises, land tours, and other travel products built with Django/python.
Lead system migration planning and design from legacy systems (dos based, Access based, homegrown mvc based) to drupal-salesforce solutions
Maintained company sales reporting system (homegrown mvc php app), extranet (Geeklog php, mysql), Cron jobs (python) to link data between systems
Recent projects include complete rebuilding of Hotel search and display system, and Travel Agency locator using geolocation and google maps in python/Django
ColumbusWebMakers 1999 – 2008, Columbus, OH
Website design and hosting company. Sites built with ASP, CityDesk, IIS, Apache, MS Access, and mySQL, PHP. Web master. Perform initial concept development, technical design, hosting, site administration, traffic analysis, email newsletters, blogs.
Glencoe/McGraw-Hill Aug 2001 – Jun 2002, Columbus, OH
Distance Education Technical Coordinator
- Point person for on-line course development and publication efforts of large textbook publisher. In one year 26 semester-length courses were published for use in community college, vocational and technical schools compared to 4 courses published in the year before I arrived.
- Program manager and Project Lead– coordinated, monitored, directed activities of Technical development, sales training, marketing strategy, IT support
- LMS administrator – administered Web CT and Blackboard Learning Management development and demo servers.
- Web developer – Created web site content, CSS, format for customer information site, sales training site for programSoftware developer – developed Access database application for PIN code management – coordinated PIN code delivery and reporting on Course, School, student, and course basis. Information used to give student access and to report to sales.Web CT, Blackboard, Customer Service, Website design, Marketing, Editorial Liaison, Managed Development process, VBA Access coding, CSS, HTML, IIS, Testing, PIN Code Management system. Automatic Response Mail program. System administration.
Sterling Commerce Jan 2000 – Mar 2001, Columbus, OH
E Business Consultant
Designed and implemented several Web based projects including Corporate Education and Training Catalog and Enrollment Web site designed to act as a front end to Geometrix TP2000 E & T Software package which allowed customers to review course offerings, and sign up for classes via the Internet.
Vision Technologies November 1997 – October 1999. Contract Software Company, Columbus, OH
Senior Software Developer
Worked independently and as team leader on several Visual Basic Data entry and reporting applications at long distance telephone company (QWEST). Technologies: Visual Basic 5, SQL, Access, OOP, and ActiveX, Source Safe
Early and related employment
- Part time Instructor in the Engineering Department at Western New England College, Springfield, MA and taught Computer courses at Newberry College, Boston, MA
- BEEE received with honors from SUNY at Stony Brook, N. Y. 3.3 GPA (in top 10% of class)
- Elected member Tau Beta Pi (International Engineering Honor Society)